As we all know, the META description is one of the most important aspects of on-page SEO. It’s what appears in the search engine results pages (SERPs), and it’s what helps people decide whether to click through to your website or not.
Creating the perfect META description can be a bit of a challenge, but it’s definitely worth it. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Make sure your META description is relevant to the page it’s on. This may seem like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many people don’t do this. The META description should give people a good idea of what they can expect to find on the page.
- Keep it short and sweet. You only have a limited amount of space in the SERPs, so you need to make sure your META description is concise and to the point.
- Use keyword-rich phrases. Including relevant keywords in your META description will help it rank higher in the SERPs.
- Make it unique. Don’t just copy and paste the META description from another page on your site. Not only is this lazy, but it’s also not very effective. Google likes to see unique content, so make sure your META descriptions are original.
- Use call-to-actions. Your META description should include a call-to-action, such as “Click here to learn more” or “Visit our website to find out more.” This encourages people to click through to your site.
Creating the perfect META description takes a bit of time and effort, but it’s definitely worth it.
The article was written by Evgeny Zakharov,
an author who has been writing for years and knows his stuff inside out!